Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Chicago Blue Dolphin


Yesterday I went to my first Chicago Blue Dolphin session. It was held at the University of Illinois at Chicago's 50 meter olympic sized pool. Cool stuff!


In this first session we did a warmup, followed by 8 x 100 meters freestyle swim during which a partner jotted down the number of strokes per 50 meters. The goal is to cover the distance while using the least number of strokes. This results in improved efficiency. I had an average of 36 strokes per 50 meters which I think was pretty good. However, our coach will be sending out the overall results so we can all see where we stand in comparison and what the figures really mean. The plan now is to practice with the Chicago Blue Dolphins once a week.

This was our complete workout:
4 x 100
4 x 50 kick
1 x 100 Alt. 25breast, 25freestyle
1 x 100 closed fist
1 x 100
8 x 100

Total: 1h 30min, 1700 meters

1 comment:

  1. Brother mine,

    For knowing you and, now, following you through this, once is not enough for me.

    Godspeed.

    I'm still not going running with you.

    ReplyDelete