Thursday, February 12, 2009

quick note to get back into it..

I just checked my blog for the first time in a while. I need to write something. It's been way too long..

I'll try to come up with something with substance tomorrow. For now I will just say that I am on my sixth week of training. Last week I had a 14 hour training week. This week my goal is to get to at least 16 hours.

Training has been going well. I feel like I am getting into a good rhythm now. I must say though that training during the winter months has presented a set of challenges. With the cold Chicago weather outside, I have been spending most of my time on a treadmill, bike trainer, or pool. Try spending four hours on a stationary bike trainer or a couple of hours running on a treadmill. Not as much fun as it sounds... Try spending a couple of hours running on a treadmill surrounded by giant television screens playing a two hour episode of the Bachelor. Not fun at all. In fact, I had to switch my running night because a dozen or so stupid women decided to compete for the attention of their 'soulmate' and someone thought this would make for good television. ha! I hope it's not just me being cranky. Is it all the training? :)

1 comment: