Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm a lottery winner! yay?

hmm so today I got a friendly reminder of a lottery I had entered a couple of weeks ago. The lottery was for a spot to participate in the most exclusive triathlon after the Ironman in Kona, the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon. The email I received says something like, "You are one of the exceptional triathletes that has been selected as a Random Drawing Winner for the 2009 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon". oh oh, what did I do..?

The Escape takes place in San Francisco. In order to escape from the island there is a swim of 1.5 miles. Once free, the swim is followed by an 18 mile hilly bike ride and an 8 mile tough run that includes deep sand and going up the famous dreaded Sand Ladder. Good stuff... :S

I will still have some time to think it over before the January 9th registration deadline. hmm...

2 comments:

  1. Meanwhile, I will challenge myself to escape from my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Go for it, don´t miss this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete