Friday, August 29, 2008

I registered for the Ironman Lanzarote 2009!



Dear Ironman Athlete,
This is a confirmation of your entry for the Ironman Lanzarote Canarias 2009...



Wow, this is the email I just received. "Dear Ironman Athlete", it says. Who is this Ironman athlete they refer to? Is it me? No, not yet, but it will be.

Today, August 29, 2008, I registered for the Ironman Lanzarote 2009 race. It is composed of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run in the Spanish volcanic island of Lanzarote. The same day I am inspired to start this blog. It should serve as a channel for me to log my thoughts and progress throughout my journey. I suspect it will eventually become much more than that, however, as I start logging various experiences that define my life. All the while I will try to live up to the following phrase:

"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough".
- Joe Lewis.



No comments:

Post a Comment